Getting to Know Sky Lantz-Wagner
At the University of Dayton, we know that a strong undergraduate academic program can open doors to many other invaluable opportunities, including post-graduate degree programs, internships and professional job placement. That’s why you can count on UDayton Global Assistant Academic Director Sky Lantz-Wagner to assist you with all your undergraduate academic needs: all through an international student lens.
Name: Sky Lantz-Wagner
Position: Assistant Academic Director, UDayton Global
Mission Statement: My mission is to co-create safe spaces for learning to occur. I accomplish this by learning from those around me, practicing intercultural communication techniques, and letting go of preconceived notions.
- Before starting a career in international education, I was a scuba diving instructor and lived and worked in several different countries including Egypt, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic.
- I sing and play guitar and sometimes perform at a local artist showcase in downtown Dayton.
- I was a volunteer teacher in China for 2 years.
- I speak Italian.
- My favorite fruit is figs.
My role on the UDayton Global team…
As the Assistant Academic Director, I work closely with undergraduate academics in several ways such as:
- Advising students regarding schedules, classroom success, holds, etc.
- Supporting tutoring opportunities for English language, math, and science
- Working with faculty and staff across campus to improve the quality of international education
- Teaching UDG support courses such as Live, Learn, Grow (undergraduate) and Professional Development and Academic Skills (graduate)
What I love the most about being a part of UDayton Global:
- Being of service to improve international education
- Collaborating with other team members on international education projects such as professional development and action research
- Learning the languages and about the cultures of everyone who comes in and out of our offices.
If there’s a way Sky can assist you, feel free to contact him to schedule an appointment.