- By submitting this application, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions, which form a binding agreement between you and UDayton Global. If you are submitting this application on behalf of another person, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person applying to UDayton Global is aware of these terms and accepts them, and by submitting the application you are warranting that you have made the applicant aware of these terms and that they have accepted these terms.
- If you are admitted, you will be placed in the appropriate program track based on your academic and English-language credentials submitted with this application. You acknowledge that there are price differences between each program track based on length and course of study, which may include required English language courses. Your admission to a UDayton Global program track does not guarantee your admission to the University of Dayton.
Enrollment Contract – Student’s Acceptance of the Offer
UDayton Global Enrollment Contract
- By submitting your deposit, you are agreeing to this Enrollment Contract, which forms a binding agreement between you and UDayton Global (“UDayton Global,” “we,” or “us”). UDayton Global, which operates Graduate, Undergraduate, and UDayton Live programs at the University of Dayton, reserves the right to amend this Enrollment Contract from time to time, at any time, without prior notice
- In addition to this Enrollment Contract, as part of your conditional offer, you have received other information and documents that contain additional terms of your participation. Please familiarize yourself with all documentation provided to you by UDayton Global as you are responsible for complying with all terms in that documentation.
- Degree Verification and Non-US Institutions. The University of Dayton is a U.S. accredited university. You may be required to submit your degree for verification (sometimes called “validation” or “authentication”), either by your employer or your country’s education authority if you wish to live and work in your home country. It is your responsibility to determine what level of verification is needed and how to obtain it. We do not guarantee that your University of Dayton degree will be verified outside of the U.S. Degree verification does not impact the validity or value of your degree in the U.S. Further, we do not guarantee that credits earned at The University of Dayton will be transferrable to systems of higher education outside of the U.S. Whether and how much transfer credit to award is in the discretion of the foreign institution.
Tuition and Fees; Refunds
- Tuition and fees payment: Following payment of the deposit, you must pay the remaining outstanding balance shown on your invoice by the indicated due date. You are responsible for paying the full invoice amount, including any banking or processing fees, to UDayton Global. UDayton Global has the right to change its prices.
- Fixed Program Cost Amount. Each UDayton Global program track is designed to contain the recommended number of credits appropriate for your goals and skill level (refer to the table below for each track’s complete per-semester credit hours). Therefore, your UDayton Global program tuition is set at a fixed amount based upon the full course load that comprises your program track. We will not refund you or provide tuition credits for any courses that you drop below your program track’s full course load.
- Failure to Pay. Failure to pay by your payment deadline may lead to penalties, including but not limited to late fees, inability to gain access to housing and/or use of a meal plan, inability to progress after your first year, and placement of a hold on your account that will prevent you from enrolling in classes. You will not be permitted to enroll the next semester if you have an outstanding balance on your account. If you are unable to enroll due to nonpayment of tuition and fees, you may become in violation of your immigration status, and we will be required to report such violation to the SEVIS database maintained by the Department of Homeland Security; as a result, you may lose your immigration status and be deported from the U.S.
- Deposit Refunds. To be eligible for a refund of your deposit, within 60 days after your program’s start date you must submit a written refund request together with documentation showing your visa application was denied before your move-in date. Otherwise, we do not refund deposits.
- Graduate Enrollment Deferrals. If you wish to defer your first semester, you must request the deferral no later than 60 days after your original move-in date. You may defer your enrollment for up to one calendar year (i.e., two consecutive semesters or three consecutive quarters, not including summer); however, your deposit will roll-over for one deferral only, not including summer (i.e., a Spring deposit will apply for next Fall, but a new deposit is required starting with the following Spring semester or Winter quarter if you defer again). We will not refund your original deposit. After one calendar year, you will be required to re-apply with a new application and deposit.
- Refunds for Cancellation of Enrollment. If you cancel your enrollment prior to your move-in date (found here: https://global.udayton.edu/graduate/important-dates/), you may request a full refund of fees paid, less housing and any other non-refundable fees. After the start of the semester or quarter, you may be eligible for the partial refunds listed in the table below. After the no-refund dates listed below, all tuition and fees for the entire duration of your program at UDayton Global are nonrefundable. For students beginning their graduate studies through UDayton Live, cancellations made after your arrival to the U.S. on a University of Dayton Form I-20 will be governed under the standard UDayton student immigration policies and your F-1 immigration status will be terminated accordingly. A change by UDayton Global or the University of Dayton in the modality of a course is not the basis for a refund.
- Refunds for Immediate Transfer. We will not refund your deposit or any other tuition or fees if you enter the United States on a University of Dayton issued I-20 and immediately request a transfer of your I-20 to another program, school, college or university.
- UDayton Live Visa-Denial Refund Exceptions. UDayton Live students must obtain a valid U.S. study-eligible visa to complete their graduate degrees on the Dayton, Ohio campus. You acknowledge that the University of Dayton and UDayton Global do not guarantee you will receive your visa. Moreover, you may not be denied a visa until you have completed all or a substantial portion of your online studies. If, after you have successfully completed the online portion of your program, you are unable to obtain a visa to study on-campus for your next consecutive term, UDayton Global will allow you to delay the start of your next term for up to three semesters (approximately 12 months). If you are still unable to obtain a visa at the expiration of the three-semester delay period, UDayton Global will refund you % of your paid tuition subject to the following conditions: (1) you submit documentation to UDayton Global verifying at least two U.S. visa denials during the delay period (your visa denial letter and proof of visa appointment), and (2) you remain in good standing and earn a grade of ‘B’ or better in each course during the online portion of your program. Please note: you are not eligible for this UDayton Live visa-denial refund if your degree program is available fully online.
- Virtual Start Visa-Denial Refund Exceptions. Due to COVID-19, some UDayton Global students will begin their program online (i.e. “virtual start”). As a result, virtual start students may be denied a U.S. study-eligible visa after completing all or a substantial portion of their online studies and will therefore be unable to complete their program at the Dayton, Ohio campus. You acknowledge that the University of Dayton and UDayton Global do not guarantee you will receive your visa. If, after you have successfully completed the online portion of your program, you are unable to obtain a visa to study on-campus for your next consecutive term, UDayton Global will allow you to delay the start of your next term for up to three semesters (approximately 12 months). If you are still unable to obtain a visa at the expiration of the three-semester delay period, UDayton Global will refund you 50% of your paid tuition subject to the following conditions: (1) you submit documentation to UDayton Global verifying at least two U.S. visa denials during the delay period (your visa denial letter and proof of visa appointment), and (2) you remain in good standing and earn a grade of ‘B’ or better in each course during the. online portion of your program. Please note: you are not eligible for this UDayton Live visa-denial refund if your degree program is available fully online.
Refunds Generally. You must submit your refund request for all eligible refunds within 60 days of program completion, withdrawal, or dismissal. The request form can be found here. All refunds will be issued in U.S. Dollars, minus bank transfer and processing fees, including any fees incurred for a rejected payment, according to the exchange rate in place at the time of the refund. All eligible refunds will be processed when students complete, withdraw, or are dismissed from our program. This may be transferred to the student’s university account or processed as a refund directly to the student. Refunds are typically issued within 60 business days from receipt of completed form.
- Refunds for Certain Restrictions. It is your responsibility to ensure, prior to your program’s start date, that you have a suitable internet connection and meet the technical requirements (found here) to receive and participate in UDayton Live lectures and other online content. If, after your start date, you become unable to receive course lectures due to regional internet restrictions, regulations that prohibit the delivery of UDayton Live content or its modality, or for other reasons affecting the public at large, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as you may be entitled to a discretionary refund.
Accommodations & Services
- Airport Transfers. Requests for airport transfer service must be made at least two weeks in advance of arrival on the Dayton, Ohio campus by visiting https://global.udayton.edu/arrival. Airport transfers are available for your initial arrival on campus for flights arriving at Dayton International Airport (DAY). We cannot guarantee a reservation for a request made less than two weeks in advance. If your flight is cancelled or delayed, you must call the emergency telephone number included in your confirmation email to inform UDayton Global staff of the new arrival date or time. Airport transfer fees are nonrefundable.
- Housing Accommodation and Meal Plan: As a UDayton Global graduate student, you are required to reside in UDayton Global housing for the duration of your UDayton Global program. You may submit your housing preferences through the Graduate Housing Preference Form but we cannot guarantee your first choice. We will provide you with a housing contract on your arrival containing the terms of your residency and your move-in instructions. Payment for housing is due in full two weeks prior to the move-in date unless you are on a payment plan pre-approved by UDayton Global Managing Director. Late housing payments or failure to pay housing costs may result in additional fees. Cancelling your housing contract may result in forfeiture of your entire housing payment. Housing waivers can be found here. To be eligible for a housing waiver, you must meet one of the criteria listed on the form and submit the form no later than 30 days prior to your Program start date. If you cancel your enrollment prior to your move-in date you may be eligible for the refunds listed in the cancellation schedule below. Meal plans are optional for graduate students.
- Health Insurance. All international graduate students studying at UDayton Global are required to be covered by health insurance that meets the U.S. Government, Ohio, and local requirements. Not all services may be covered by your selected provider, and the student is responsible for any outstanding balances for non-covered services.
- You are required to purchase coverage from a UDayton Global-designated health plan as a condition of enrollment.
- You must have completed a student Health Center Mandatory Immunization Form documenting proof of immunity to Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, and German Measles (Rubella) [MMR – 2 doses] and a negative TB (tuberculosis) test. Mandatory Immunization Forms may be obtained here: https://udayton.edu/studev/health_wellness/healthcenter/vaccines/index.php. You must have completed immunization documentation prior to class registration in order to enroll in any courses. All immunization forms must be translated into English. We recommend the following additional vaccines: one diphtheria/tetanus booster within the past ten years; two doses of Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine; Hepatitis B vaccine series; polio vaccine (if under the age of 18); meningococcal vaccine.
- Additional health requirements and screenings may be necessary due to COVID 19 or other global health concerns. Those requirements may be found here: https://udayton.edu/studev/health_wellness/healthcenter/index.php These requirements may change over time as the pandemic progresses and if and when a vaccine mandate is enforced at the University of Dayton
- You are fully and solely responsible for the payment of any premiums or other costs associated with maintaining health insurance coverage, and UDayton Global is not responsible for payment of any funds related to a student’s health insurance. Be advised that the cost of health insurance is typically non-refundable, unless permitted by the terms and conditions of a particular plan.
UDayton Global Policies, Procedures and Requirements
- Vacation, Holidays and Closures. Please familiarize yourself with the University of Dayton academic calendar for holidays and vacations. Classes will not be held on designated school vacations and may be cancelled on public holidays. We do not make reimbursements for classes not offered due to planned or unplanned school closures.
- Absences. Failure to meet class attendance requirements may lead to penalties, including loss of immigration status and deportation. You will not receive a refund if you lose immigration status due to class absences.
- Medical Withdrawal. If you need to withdraw for medical reasons you must apply for a valid medical withdrawal through the University’s Office of Learning Resources. We will honor any tuition refunds granted by the University for a medical withdrawal in conflict with this Enrollment Contract, but please be aware that certain housing and other UDayton Global fees may not be refundable.
- Program of Study. Depending on your program track, you may be required to take an English-language validation test upon arrival to campus. The results of the validation test are used to confirm your placement in the program track into which you have been admitted. If your English test score does not meet the criteria for your assigned program track, your program track may be adjusted at the discretion of the UDayton Global academic team. As a result, the length of study may be longer than originally anticipated and involve additional costs, including tuition and other fees. If you choose to withdraw from UDayton Global because you do not wish to enroll in the track that your validation test results require, the refund terms contained in this Enrollment Contract will apply to you.
- Consecutive Semesters. You must complete your coursework in consecutive semesters or quarters. This requirement may be waived by the Managing Director of UDayton Global only in extenuating circumstances.
- Academic Performance. Students are accepted to UDayton Global with the strict understanding that adherence to the UDayton Global academic standards and progression requirements, as may be amended from time to time, is mandatory. You will not be allowed to proceed if you do not meet the minimum standards set by UDayton Global. If you are unable to proceed, you may be offered advice on suitable alternatives, including repeating courses or dismissal from UDayton Global. These alternative options may involve additional time and costs, including tuition and other fees that may require presenting additional proof of finances.
- Academic or Conduct Rule and Policy Violations. You may be suspended or expelled if you violate any of UDayton Global’s policies, rules, or regulations, which may result in the revocation of your immigration status. No refund will be given in cases of suspension or expulsion.
- Dismissal. If you are dismissed or expelled from UDayton Global or the University of Dayton, you may not reapply to UDayton Global, the University, your current program, or any other program offered by UDayton Global. You acknowledge that students who have or who are seeking permanent residency and other T.IV-eligible non-citizen immigration status are not qualified for UDayton Global programs, and UDayton Global does not accommodate scheduling and class attendance conflicts that arise from pursuing immigration status changes. Notwithstanding the first sentence of this section 18, if you are dismissed from UDayton Global because you have sought or obtained a change in your immigration status, you may reapply to the University (but not to UDayton Global programs). UDayton Global will not refund your tuition or other fees if you withdraw or are dismissed due to your actual or anticipated change to a non-qualifying immigration status.
- Internships and Externships. If you are participating in professional experience option, such as CAP Premium, you acknowledge that each internship and externship opportunity will be awarded by a third-party organization at such organization’s sole discretion
- Photography, Filming and Sound Recording. UDayton Global or its representatives, affiliates, successors and related companies may arrange to photograph or shoot video footage of students for purposes of advertising, public relations, and/or promotion in any medium throughout the world, including on social media sites and on the internet. If you do not wish to participate, you must advise us in writing and state at the time of the photography or video shooting the wish not to participate. By accepting this Enrollment Contract you are indicating your consent to use these photographs or video footage without further consent or notifications unless you follow the above opt-out requirements.
- Force Majeure. UDayton Global will not be liable in cases where UDayton Global is unable to fulfill any services because of fire, natural disaster, national emergency, act of government, acts of war or terrorism, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes, disease, pandemic, or any other reasons that are beyond UDayton Global’s control.
- Liability. The liability of Shorelight-Flyer, LLC d/b/a UDayton Global; its parent Shorelight Education, LLC; and their group companies, directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, and partners with respect to losses arising from negligence (except where such liability cannot be excluded as a matter of law), breach of contract, or otherwise will be limited in all circumstances to the full amount paid to UDayton Global, or the relevant group company by the relevant student for the particular program. Such companies and persons will in no circumstances have any liability for indirect or consequential losses or damages. Any dispute, claim, or other matter arising will be subject to the jurisdiction and laws of Ohio without regard to the choice of law rules. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding seeking to enforce any provision of, or based on any right or issues arising out of or related to, this Enrollment Contract shall be brought exclusively in the U.S. District Court of Southern Ohio or the other court(s) located in Montgomery County, Ohio, depending on jurisdiction and venue over the claim(s) asserted. By signing these terms and conditions, the student consents to and accepts the jurisdictions of such courts for the purpose of any such action or proceeding and agrees to waive any objection to venue being laid therein. YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LEGAL PROCEEDING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS ENROLLMENT CONTRACT OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN A UDAYTON GLOBAL PROGRAM.
- Legal Compliance. UDayton Global has a legal obligation to comply with U.S. laws and regulations. We may use certain information you provided to us on your application to ensure our compliance with export and other regulations by screening you against lists prepared by federal government agencies, such as those prepared by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. You hereby consent to the transfer of your personally identifiable information to third-party screening services that we have retained solely to conduct such screenings.
University Policies, Procedures and Requirements
- As a graduate student at UDayton Global you are also bound by the rules and regulations governing the University of Dayton (“U” or “University”), as those may be amended from time to time. These rules and regulations include but are not limited to student standards of behavior and code of conduct, and other policies applicable to students (including safety protocols and agreements in place during the COVID-19 pandemic), as may be amended from time to time. The student code of conduct is available at go.udayton.edu/code of conduct; University policies in general are available at www.udayton.edu/policies; and COVID-19-specific information is available at go.udayton.edu/coronavirus.
- In addition to this Enrollment Contract, as part of your conditional offer you have received other University information and documents that contain additional terms of your participation. Please familiarize yourself with all documentation provided to you by the University of Dayton
- In addition to the health insurance requirements listed in this Enrollment Contract, the terms of your health insurance must meet the University of Dayton requirements. You are fully and solely responsible for the payment of any premiums or other costs associated with maintaining health insurance coverage, and the University of Dayton is not responsible for payment of any funds related to your health insurance.
- Academic or Conduct Rule and Policy Violations. You are required to adhere to the University of Dayton’s Academic Honor Code, which can be found at http://catalog.udayton.edu/graduate/generalinformation/academicinformation/academicdishonesty/. You may be suspended or expelled if you violate any of the University of Dayton’s policies, rules, or regulations, which may result in the revocation of your immigration status. No refund will be given in cases of suspension or expulsion
- Force Majeure. The University of Dayton is not liable in cases where the University of Dayton is unable to fulfill any services because of fire, natural disaster, national emergency, act of government, acts of war or terrorism, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes, disease, pandemic, or any other reasons that are beyond the University of Dayton’s control.
- F-1 Status. In order to maintain proper F-1 visa status, you must comply with all applicable Federal regulations related to study in the U.S., including pursuit of a full course of study. Please review the University of Dayton’s policies on student visa status and immigration. You will be in jeopardy of losing your immigration status if you fail to maintain the necessary academic standing. We will be required to report any violation by you of your F-1 status to the SEVIS database of the DHS. Your personally identifiable information, including course enrollment details and changes and the circumstances of any suspected breach by you of the University of Dayton’s or UDayton Global’s policies, may be shared with the DHS, the University of Dayton and accrediting agencies, designated authorities, your parents, and UDayton Global staff and agents. You hereby grant consent to the University of Dayton being able to contact your parents pursuant to this paragraph. If you intend to seek permanent resident status at any point during your anticipated tenure at the University of Dayton, you must disclose such intent at the time of application.