- By submitting this application, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions, which form a binding agreement between you and UDayton Global. If you are submitting this application on behalf of another person, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person applying to UDayton Global is aware of these terms and accepts them, and by submitting the application you are warranting that you have made the applicant aware of these terms and that they have accepted these terms.
- If you are admitted, you will be placed in the appropriate program track based on your academic and English-language credentials submitted with this application. You acknowledge that there are price disparities between each program track based on length and course of study, which may include required English language courses. You are not guaranteed admission at the University of Dayton.
- Students applying with post-secondary college credits are subject to additional requirements. You must disclose any post-secondary college credits now. If you have taken credit-bearing university-level courses after the completion of high school, you must meet the current secondary school GPA requirements as well as any GPA requirements for post-secondary college credits, regardless of whether or not you wish to transfer such credit. Vocational and ESL studies are not considered during the admissions review process. Acceptance of transfer credits is at the discretion of the University of Dayton, will apply toward academic years two, three, and four only and not to your attendance at UDayton Global. There is no guarantee that post-secondary college credits will be accepted. The University of Dayton’s transfer credit requirements can be found at http://catalog.udayton.edu/undergraduate/generalinformation/admission/transferstudents/. Please familiarize yourself with these requirements prior to submitting this application.
Enrollment Agreement – Student’s Acceptance of the Offer
UDayton Global ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT
- By submitting your deposit, you are agreeing to this Enrollment Contract, which forms a binding agreement between you and UDayton Global (“UDayton Global,” “we,” or “us”). UDayton Global, which operates Graduate, Undergraduate, and UDayton Live programs at the University of Dayton, reserves the right to amend this Enrollment Contract from time to time, at any time, without prior notice..
- In addition to this Enrollment Contract, as part of your conditional offer, you have received other information and documents that contain additional terms of your participation. Please familiarize yourself with all documentation provided to you by UDayton Global as you are responsible for complying with all terms in that documentation.
- Degree Verification and Non-US Institutions. The University of Dayton is a U.S. accredited university. You may be required to submit your degree for verification (sometimes called “validation” or “authentication”), either by your employer or your country’s education authority if you wish to live and work in your home country. It is your responsibility to determine what level of verification is needed and how to obtain it. We do not guarantee that your University of Dayton degree will be verified outside of the U.S. Degree verification does not impact the validity or value of your degree in the U.S. Further, we do not guarantee that credits earned at The University of Dayton will be transferrable to systems of higher education outside of the U.S. Whether and how much transfer credit to award is in the discretion of the foreign institution.
Tuition and Fees; Refunds
- Tuition and fees payment: Following payment of the deposit, you must pay the remaining outstanding balance shown on your invoice by the indicated due date. You are responsible for paying the full invoice amount, including any banking or processing fees, to UDayton Global. UDayton Global has the right to amend its prices.
- Failure to Pay. Failure to pay by your payment deadline may lead to penalties, including but not limited to late fees, inability to gain access to housing and use of a meal plan, inability to progress after your first year, and a hold on your account that will prevent you from enrolling in classes. If you are unable to enroll due to nonpayment of tuition and fees, you may become in violation of your immigration status and we will be required to report such violation to the SEVIS database maintained by the Department of Homeland Security; you may lose your immigration status and be deported from the U.S.
- Deposit Refunds. To be eligible for a refund of your deposit, within 60 days after your program’s start date you must submit a written refund request together with documentation showing your visa application was denied before your move-in date. Otherwise, we do not refund deposits.
- Undergraduate Enrollment Deferrals. Deferrals must be requested prior to or within 60 days after your original move-in date. You may defer your enrollment for up to one calendar year (i.e., three consecutive semesters, including summer); however, your deposit will roll-over for one deferral only (i.e., a Fall deposit will apply for Spring, but a new deposit is required starting with the Summer semester if you defer again). We will not refund your original deposit. After one calendar year, you will be required to re-apply with a new application and deposit.
- Refunds for Cancellation of Enrollment. If you cancel your enrollment prior to your move-in date (found here: https://global.udayton.edu/undergraduate/important-dates/), you may request a full refund of fees paid, less housing and any other non-refundable fees. After the start of the semester you may be eligible for the partial refunds listed in the table below. After the no-refund dates listed below, all tuition and fees for the entire duration of your program at UDayton Global are nonrefundable. A change by UDayton Global or the University of Dayton in the modality of a course is not the basis for a refund.
- Refunds Generally. You must submit your refund request for all eligible refunds within 60 days of program completion, withdrawal, or dismissal. The request form can be found here. All refunds will be issued in U.S. Dollars, minus bank transfer and processing fees, including any fees incurred for a rejected payment, according to the exchange rate in place at the time of the refund. All eligible refunds will be processed when students complete, withdraw, or are dismissed from our program. This may be transferred to the student’s university account or processed as a refund directly to the student. Refunds are typically issued within 60 business days from receipt of completed form.
- UDayton Global Visa-Denial Refund Exceptions- Virtual Start. If you begin your program virtually through UDayton Global, you acknowledge that completing your program on-campus will require you to obtain a valid U.S. study visa, and that UDayton Global does not guarantee you will receive your visa. Moreover, you may not know if you are denied a visa until after completing all or a substantial portion of your virtual studies. If you are denied a visa after you have successfully completed the virtual portion of your program, UDayton Global will allow you to defer the start of your next consecutive term up to three semesters (approximately 12 months). If, during the three-semester deferral period, you are denied a U.S. visa two or more times, you may be eligible for a refund of 50% of your tuition paid, subject to meeting the following conditions:(1) you submit documentation to UDayton Global (your visa denial letter and proof of visa appointment) verifying at least two U.S. visa denials prior to the move-in date for your next term of study, and(2) you remain in good standing and earn a grade of ‘C’ or better in each course during the virtual portion of your program. No refund is available if you are able to continue in your degree ( or if applicable, certificate) program online.
- UDayton Global Visa-Denial Refund Exceptions- Live Start. If you begin your studies through UDayton Live, you acknowledge that completion of your studies will require you to obtain a valid U.S. visa for study, and that UDayton Global cannot guarantee you will receive your visa. Moreover, you may not know if you are denied a visa until after completing all or a substantial portion of your UDayton Live program. If you are denied a visa after successfully completing any part of your UDayton Live program, we will allow you to defer the start of your next consecutive term up to three semesters (approximately 12 months). If, during the three-semester deferral period, you are denied a U.S. visa two or more times, you may be eligible for a refund of 75% of your tuition paid, subject to meeting the following conditions:(1) you submit documentation to UDayton Global verifying at least two U.S. visa denials prior to the move-in date for your next term of study (your visa denial letter and proof of visa appointment), and (2) you achieve a GPA of [2.0] ) or higher during the Live portion of your program. No refund is available if you are able to continue in your degree or if applicable, certificate) program online.
Accommodations & Services
- Airport Transfers. Requests for airport transfer service must be made at least two weeks in advance of arrival by visiting https://global.udayton.edu/arrival. Airport transfers are available for your initial arrival on campus for flights arriving at Dayton International Airport (DAY). We cannot guarantee a reservation for a request made less than two weeks in advance. If your flight is cancelled or delayed, you must call the emergency telephone number sent in your confirmation email to inform UDayton Global staff of the new arrival date or time. Airport transfer fees are nonrefundable.
- Housing Accommodation and Meal Plan. You are required to commit to a reservation in approved UDayton Global housing. We will provide you with a housing contract prior to your move-in date containing the terms of your residency. You will have 3 days from the date you submit your on-campus housing request to cancel your housing reservation. If you cancel your housing reservation after the three-day period, late fees will apply. If you are unable to live in UDayton Global-approved housing, you must request a housing waiver. Please be aware that we will only waive the housing requirement in extenuating circumstances. Payment for housing is due in full two weeks prior to the move-in date unless you are on a payment plan pre-approved by UDayton Global. Late housing payments or failure to pay housing costs may result in additional fees. Cancelling your housing contract may result in forfeiture of your entire housing payment. You must also purchase and enroll in a meal plan. The cost of a meal plan is nonrefundable during the semester in which you cancel the meal plan, but you may receive a meal plan refund for future semesters.
- Health Insurance. All international students studying at UDayton Global are required to be covered by health insurance that meets the U.S. Government, Ohio, and local requirements. Not all services may be covered by your selected provider, and the student is responsible for any outstanding balances for non-covered services.
- You are required to purchase coverage from a UDayton Global-designated health plan as a condition of enrollment.
- You must have completed a student Health Center Mandatory Immunization Form documenting proof of immunity to Measles (Rubeola), Mumps and German Measles (Rubella) [MMR – 2 doses] and a negative TB (tuberculosis) test. Mandatory Immunization Forms may be obtained here: https://udayton.edu/studev/health_wellness/healthcenter/vaccines/index.php. You must have completed immunization documentation prior to class registration in order to enroll in any courses. All immunization forms must be translated into English. We recommend the following additional vaccines: one diphtheria/tetanus booster within the past ten years; two doses of Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine; Hepatitis B vaccine series; polio vaccine (if under the age of 18); meningococcal vaccine.
- Additional health requirements and screenings may be necessary due to COVID 19 or other global health concerns. Those requirements may be found here: https://udayton.edu/studev/health_wellness/healthcenter/index.php These requirements may change over time as the pandemic progress and if and when a vaccine becomes available.
- You are fully and solely responsible for the payment of any premiums or other costs associated with maintaining health insurance coverage, and UDayton Global is not responsible for payment of any funds related to a student’s health insurance. Be advised that the cost of health insurance is typically non-refundable, unless permitted by the terms and conditions of a particular plan.
UDayton Global Policies, Procedures and Requirements
- Vacation, Holidays and Closures. Please familiarize yourself with [UDayton Global’s] calendar for holidays and vacations. Classes will not be held on designated school vacations and may be cancelled on public holidays. We do not make reimbursements for classes not offered due to planned or unplanned school closures.
- Absences. Failure to meet attendance requirements may lead to penalties, including loss of immigration status and deportation. You will not receive a refund if you lose immigration status due to class absences.
- Medical Withdrawal. If you need to withdraw for medical reasons you must apply for a valid medical withdrawal through the University’s Office of Learning Resources. We will honor any tuition refunds granted by the University for a medical withdrawal in conflict with the refund provisions of this Enrollment Agreement, but please be aware that certain housing and other UDayton Global fees may not be refundable.
- Program of Study. Upon arrival on campus, you will be required to take an English-language assessment test. The results of the assessment test are used to place you on the program track that is appropriate for your skill level, which may be different from what was indicated on your conditional offer letter. If your assessment test score does not meet the criteria for your assigned program track you will not be able to enroll in that track. As a result, the length of study may be longer than originally anticipated and involve additional costs, including tuition and other fees. If you choose to withdraw from UDayton Global because you do not wish to enroll in the track that your assessment test results require, the refund terms contained in this Enrollment Agreement will apply to you.
- Academic Performance. Students are accepted to UDayton Global with the strict understanding that adherence to the UDayton Global academic standards and progression requirements, which can be found at http://catalog.udayton.edu/undergraduate/generalinformation/academicinformation/academicstanding/, as may be amended, is mandatory. You will not be allowed to proceed if you do not meet the minimum standards set by UDayton Global. If you are unable to proceed, you may be offered advice on suitable alternatives, including repeating courses or dismissal from UDayton Global. These alternative options may involve additional time and costs, including tuition and other fees that may require presenting additional proof of finances.
- Academic or Conduct Rule and Policy Violations. You may be suspended or expelled if you violate any of UDayton Global’s policies, rules, or regulations, which may result in the revocation of your immigration status. No refund will be given in cases of suspension or expulsion.
- Dismissal. If you are dismissed or expelled from UDayton Global or the University of Dayton, you may not reapply to UDayton Global, the University, your current program, or any other program offered by UDayton Global. You acknowledge that students who have or who are seeking permanent residency and other T.IV-eligible non-citizen immigration status are not qualified for UDayton Global programs, and UDayton Global does not accommodate scheduling and class attendance conflicts that arise from pursuing immigration status changes. Notwithstanding the first sentence of this section 18, if you are dismissed from UDayton Global because you have sought or obtained a change in your immigration status, you may reapply to the University (but not to UDayton Global programs). UDayton Global will not refund your tuition or other fees if you withdraw or are dismissed due to your actual or anticipated change to a non-qualifying immigration status.
- Internships and Externships. If you are accepted into an internship or externship option, such as Career Premium, all opportunities will be awarded by a third-party organization at such organization’s sole discretion.
- UDayton Global Pre-Orientation Program (POP). If you are beginning your UDayton Global program early through an in-person or virtual pre-orientation program, you are agreeing to the additional terms set forth here. If you cancel your POP enrollment prior to its start date, you may request a full refund of POP fees paid, less any non-refundable fees such as banking, housing and administrative fees. After start date, all tuition and fees for the entire duration of your Pre-Orientation Program at UDayton Global are nonrefundable.
- Photography, Filming and Sound Recording. UDayton Global or its representatives, affiliates, successors, and related companies may arrange to photograph or shoot video footage of students for purposes of advertising, public relations, and/or promotion in any medium throughout the world, including on social media sites and on the internet. If you do not wish to participate you must advise us in writing and state at the time of the photography or video shooting the wish not to participate. By accepting this Enrollment Agreement you are indicating your consent to use these photographs or video footage without further consent or notifications unless you follow the above opt-out requirements.
- Force Majeure. UDayton Global will not be liable in cases where UDayton Global is unable to fulfill any services because of fire, natural disaster, disease or pandemic, national emergency, act of government, acts of war or terrorism, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes, or any other reasons that are beyond UDayton Global’s control.
- Liability. The liability of Shorelight-Flyer, LLC d/b/a UDayton Global, its parent Shorelight Education, LLC, and their group companies, their directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, and partners with respect to losses arising from negligence (except where such liability cannot be excluded as a matter of law), breach of contract, or otherwise will be limited in all circumstances to the full amount paid to UDayton Global, or the relevant group company by the relevant student for the particular program. Such companies and persons will in no circumstances have any liability for indirect or consequential losses or damages. Any dispute, claim, or other matter arising will be subject to the jurisdiction and laws of Ohio without regard to the choice of law rules. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding seeking to enforce any provision of, or based on any right or issues arising out of or related to, this Enrollment Agreement shall be brought exclusively in the U.S. District Court of Southern Ohio. By signing these terms and conditions, the student consents to and accepts the jurisdictions of such courts for the purpose of any such action or proceeding and agrees to waive any objection to venue being laid therein. YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LEGAL PROCEEDING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS ENROLLMENT CONTRACT OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN A UDAYTON GLOBAL PROGRAM.
- Legal Compliance. We have a legal obligation to comply with U.S. laws and regulations. We may use certain information you provided to us on your application to ensure our compliance with export and other regulations by screening you against lists prepared by federal government agencies, such as those prepared by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. You hereby consent to the transfer of your personally identifiable information to third-party screening services that we have retained solely to conduct such screenings.
University Policies, Procedures and Requirements
- As a student at UDayton Global you are also bound by the rules and regulations governing the University of Dayton (“U” or “University”), as those may be amended from time to time. These rules and regulations may be found at: https://udayton.edu/studev/_resources/2019-standards-and-code.pdf; general university policies may be found at: www.udayton.edu/policies and COVID-19-specific information is available at https://udayton.edu/coronavirus/
- In addition to this Enrollment Agreement, as part of your conditional offer you have received other University information and documents that contain additional terms of your participation. Please familiarize yourself with all documentation provided to you by the University of Dayton.
- In addition to the health insurance requirements listed in this Enrollment Agreement, the terms of your health insurance must meet the University of Dayton requirements. You are fully and solely responsible for the payment of any premiums or other costs associated with maintaining health insurance coverage, and the University of Dayton is not responsible for payment of any funds related to your health insurance.
- Academic or Conduct Rule and Policy Violations. You are required to adhere to the University of Dayton’s Academic Honor Code, which can be found at http://catalog.udayton.edu/undergraduate/generalinformation/academicinformation/theacademichonorcode/. You may be suspended or expelled if you violate any of the University of Dayton’s policies, rules, or regulations, which may result in the revocation of your immigration status. No refund will be given in cases of suspension or expulsion.
- Dismissal. If you are dismissed from UDayton Global or from the University for any reason, you may not reapply to UDayton Global, the University, your current program, or any other program offered by UDayton Global.
- Force Majeure. The University of Dayton is not liable in cases where the University of Dayton is unable to fulfill any services because of fire, natural disaster, disease or pandemic, national emergency, act of government, acts of war or terrorism, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes, or any other reasons that are beyond the University’s control.
- F-1 Status. In order to maintain proper F-1 visa status, you must comply with all applicable Federal regulations related to study in the U.S., including pursuit of a full course of study. Please review the University of Dayton’s policies on student visa status and immigration. You will be in jeopardy of losing your immigration status if you fail to maintain the necessary academic standing. We will be required to report any violation by you of your F-1 status to the SEVIS database of the DHS. Your personally identifiable information, including course enrollment details and changes and the circumstances of any suspected breach by you of the University of Dayton’s or UDayton Global’s policies, may be shared with the DHS, University of Dayton and accrediting agencies, designated authorities, your parents, and UDayton Global staff and agents. You hereby grant consent to the University of Dayton being able to contact your parents pursuant to this paragraph. If you intend to seek permanent resident status at any point during your anticipated tenure at the University of Dayton, you must disclose such intent at the time of application.