Before You Arrive
Complete your Before You Arrive Checklist.
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-90 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your personal Enrollment Advisor of the date and Embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch the videos below to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
When purchasing your ticket, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day.
Once you book your flight, visit udaytonglobal.org/arrival to enter your travel itinerary and confirm your free airport pick-up if required. Pick-ups are offered from the Dayton International Airport (DAY). These important details will help the campus team prepare for your arrival and make your big day go as smoothly as possible.
Making your payment in full two weeks before you arrive will help avoid delays with enrollment.
Follow the instructions below to submit payment for tuition and fees:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit Dayton’s flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
Please complete the following forms:
All students are required to submit an ID photo one month before your move-in date.
- Color headshot
- Looking directly at the face
- No portion of the head cut off
- No hats or head coverings
- Submit photo as a JPG
- In focus
Submit your photo by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following in your email:
- Full name
- University of Dayton ID
- Program of study
- Whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student
You must submit your Housing Confirmation Form as soon as possible. Please choose the correct link (undergraduate or graduate) below:
- All first-year undergraduate students are guaranteed a double residence hall-style room as part of the program. Living in on-campus housing will enhance your university experience and is required for your first two years.
- Refer to the Housing Costs page for the most current housing costs.
- Please note that while housing is guaranteed, we cannot promise we will be able to match each student with their preferred housing option.
- All housing options are fully furnished and include cable/Wifi access and in-building laundry.
- On-campus housing is optional for UD graduate students. Refer to the Housing Costs Page for the most current housing costs.
- Graduate on-campus housing is limited and your preference is not guaranteed.
- If you choose to live off-campus, you must find a suitable place to live before you arrive. Off-campus housing in Dayton is often limited, difficult to find, and may require a 12-month lease. It is important to plan ahead. Also, consider available transportation options when choosing off-campus housing.