Before You Arrive
Complete your Before You Arrive Checklist.
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your personal Enrollment Advisor of the date and Embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch the videos below to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
When purchasing your ticket, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day.
Once you book your flight, visit udaytonglobal.org/arrival to enter your travel itinerary and confirm your free airport pick-up if required. Pick-ups are offered from the Dayton International Airport (DAY). These important details will help the campus team prepare for your arrival and make your big day go as smoothly as possible.
Making your payment in full two weeks before you arrive will help avoid delays with enrollment.
Follow the instructions below to submit payment for tuition and fees:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit Dayton’s flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
- Please be aware that if you do not pay your balance as indicated on your statement of fees by the payment deadline, the following may occur:
- Late payment fees may be charged.
- You may have your scholarship and/or waivers rescinded. In such cases, you will be responsible for the full cost of your program.
- You may encounter delays or other issues enrolling and registering for classes.
Please complete the following forms:
- Immunization Form (English, Arabic, Chinese & Spanish) : Complete this mandatory health and immunization form and email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com prior to your arrival, as required by law, and bring it with you to campus.
- FERPA Disclosure Form: Complete this form prior to your arrival.
All students are required to submit an ID photo one month before your move-in date.
- Color headshot
- Looking directly at the face
- No portion of the head cut off
- No hats or head coverings
- Submit photo as a JPG
- In focus
Submit your photo by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following in your email:
- Full name
- University of Dayton ID
- Program of study
- Whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student
You must submit your Housing Form as soon as possible. Please choose the correct link (undergraduate or graduate) below:
- All first-year undergraduate students are guaranteed a double residence hall-style room as part of the program. Living in on-campus housing will enhance your university experience and is required for your first two years.
- Refer to the Housing Costs page for the most current housing costs.
- Please note that while housing is guaranteed, we cannot promise we will be able to match each student with their preferred housing option.
- All housing options are fully furnished and include cable/Wifi access and in-building laundry.
- Housing is mandatory for UDG graduate students. Refer to the Housing Costs Page for the most current housing costs.